by Katie Perez
Welcome!! We are so glad you have found us, although so sorry you had to come looking. Please read through this and feel free to introduce yourself to the group when you are ready!
When you have a moment, please fill out the brief survey! This will help all of us down the road as we prepare to get some studies going, and gather statistics.
Feel free to send your Special Scar birth story and any births following, to be added to the website in the Stories section.
Please remember this is an internet forum, and while we do everything we can to protect the privacy of this group, there are no guarantees on the internet. We do everything possible to keep this as safe and supportive of a place as possible, which is why we insist on just a few things:
- This is a group for individuals with Special Scars. No one will be added unless they have a Special Scar. (We may choose to make an occasional exception such as in the case of a minor (under 18) whose mother wants to join.)
- Debating another woman’s decisions will not be tolerated.
- Please no soliciting here.
- Please keep off topics posts to a minimum.
- Please don’t post more than 5 pictures a week. We love to see your babies and families too, but too many pictures can clog up the list pretty quickly.
- We have decided to go ahead and make circumcision and vaccinations off limit topics in the group. These conversations can get very heated, since many people feel very strongly about them. We love the diversity in the group and respect everyone’s beliefs and opinions. We just really want to keep the peace, and help it stay the warm and intimate group that it is. Thank you!
As a general rule, we do not name providers on the group, in an effort to protect them. If you need a Special Scar-friendly provider, please contact Jessica Tiderman and she will see if she knows of one in your area. If you have a Special Scar-friendly provider, please pass the info on to Jessica in case someone else in your area needs one!
We strive to promote education, research, and informed consent so mothers can make the best possible choices for themselves and their babies.
The information contained on or provided through this forum is intended for general consumer understanding and education only and is not intended to be and is not provided as a substitute for professional medical advice. Nothing contained on or provided through this forum is intended to be or is to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your midwife, physician, nurse or other qualified health care provider before you undergo any treatment or for answers to any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. In no event will the members of this list be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon the information contained on or provided through this list or the website.